Thursday, July 4, 2024

Times of London - Last Supper

 June 20, 2024


Mojito makes a happy ending for our last day in London

It has been a good day.

While riding around atop the upper deck of our Big Bus Tour, we traveled by a part of London known as Covent Garden. It looked fun. 

It looked like a place where all the cool people hang out. 

It looked like the kind of place that I never go to.

I'm on holiday - why not go somewhere that I never go to? Isn't that the whole point of this holiday adventure? Why yes, yes it is. 

Let's try Covent Garden as a place for our last supper in London! [Even if I'm not really cool]

Back at the hotel we consulted our pocket Underground route map. Plotted several transfers to end up at Covent Garden with the idea to see what tickled our fancy to please our palate.

We are confused by the wide array of dining choices - Oh dear, where shall we eat tonight?

We pondered our dining options as we looked over the convenient listing of all the restaurants, price ranges and guested at what cuisine might be served at each.

We oscillated. We equivocated. We prevaricated. We got hungry just standing in front of the map.

Let's try the French place. OK. I'm good with that.

We walked down the old world cobbled streets among the hip, youthful London crowd under party lights strung from building to building over narrow lanes.

On our way to our Last London supper in Covent Garden

I slowed as we came to Lima, an Andean restaurant. I hate to say it, but the place looked 'cute'. Maybe I should rephrase it, Lima looked 'date worthy'.

Let's try this place I suggested.

Glad we did. One of the top meals during this holiday.

My date loves her beer-marinated half chicken!

We practically closed down this effervescent party neighborhood, leaving to catch the Tube with a throng of young people after 23:00. 

The End of some good days in London Town. Tell the King we missed him. Catch his Highness next time.


No comments: