Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Moving Out, Moving On

The time has come, I could not ignore it any longer.
Actually the time came as soon as last summer, but staggered my the laws of physics that dictates a body at rest will remain at rest, unless acted upon by a force, this property of inertia kept me paying rent at the run-down dump I had been leasing for Sunstone Exploration's office space over the last 5 years.

Sunstone had a spacious office with north and west facing windows on the second floor of the Bank America building in downtown Garland, 3 miles from home.  The Bank moved out in June of 2014, and I had vowed to get out before then, but I did not find a suitable place to relocate.  So I stayed and the place deteriorated something fierce, and the building management refused to return any calls from the 3 of us tenants remaining.  They are slum lords.  It took several forces to act upon me before I finally made the effort to get out.  I have a new space in a 6 story bank building 6 miles from home, albeit smaller, but still sufficient to handle my needs at Sunstone Exploration, Inc. World HQ. 

What I left behind was a space with little to no A/C (it is awfully hot in the Summer around here), elevators the have not worked for many months, graffiti in the stairwell and on the wall and doors of vacant offices, backed-up plumbing in the men's room that the slum lords never fixed and homeless people sleeping in the building.  Once I saw mosquito larvae wiggling in the backed-up sink in the men's room, I knew I had made the right decision to move out. So glad I did.

                   Sunstone Exploration, Inc.
                   1919 S. Shiloh Road, Ste. 235
                   Garland, TX  75042

Change is good.  I have proper A/C, my trash is emptied every single night and I pay less in rent.
I am happy - but I would be happier if the price of oil would get above $45 per Barrel.  Moving on with undaunted courage.

No comments: