Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How Do You Fix a Dead Mouse?

I think I got a dead mouse, how do I take care of that?
The words make as much sense in 2010 as they did in 1984 - but over time the likely answer has changed.  In 2010 the likely response is: Check your USB port connection (unless you have an optical mouse) and then replace the AA batteries.

But this dead mouse is hitting me in the ol' olfactory not on the flat screen monitor! 
There is something rotten in the 4Runner.
The odoriferous epicenter is the passenger-side rear seat. 
A stink bug fart most foul! 
I searched under the cargo carpet and found nothing but a particularly pungent patch of padding. 
No skeletal remains or offal.  The area was doused liberally with bleach solution followed by gale force fabreeze.  Eventually the unpleasantness passed and now I can breath easier knowing that I am inhaling a blend of road dust and dog hair.

Modified lyrics to the
Dead Skunk Song - Loudon Wainwright III

Creepin' through the garage late last night
He shoulda just left and he woulda been all right
He hopped in the dark and quiet SUV car
The mouse got squashed and there you are!
You got yer
Dead mouse in the middle of the car
Dead mouse in the middle of the car
You got yer dead mouse in the middle of the car
Stinkin' to high Heaven!
Take a whiff on me, that ain't no rose!
Roll down yer window and hold yer nose
You don't have to look and you don't have to see
'Cause you can feel it in your olfactory

No comments: