Friday, January 19, 2024

Blessing of Beauty

January 19th, 2024; I lift my eyes toward the east in the fading light and receive a blessing


The previous week of unrelenting sub-freezing temperatures accentuated by a flurry of snowflakes and sleet gave way to warming temperatures and the rain, typical of the Pacific Northwest mid-winter.

There was a break in the day's rain as the sun slipped low in the western wood. The sun's rays slipped a peek under Mother Nature's gray skirted rain showers. Looking east in the fading light, I was given a sign of a blessing. I thought this was too fine of a moment not to share.








The palette out my window; gold-tipped bare branches of cottonwood, the deep green shadows of hemlock, fir and cedar against the heavens of smudged, moist gray swept over breaking blue. Then comes a brilliant streak beaming with all the colors in the spectrum. 

On the afternoon of 19 January, 2024 - Welcome to my world. 


 

No comments: