Tuesday, June 21, 2022

A Little Lunch and an Immodest Cone

 

I don't know about you, but a day next to saltwater always makes me hungry for a savory meal. And I would be disappointed if my meal did not include warm sourdough bread and a spread of cold butter. I was not disappointed by my late lunch at the Anacortes Marina at Anthony's.

In fact it was more of an early supper for us. We declined the bread pudding dessert and hastened back to Fir Island for one more important stop to complete a wonderful day. We were making for Snow Goose Produce stand, famous for their 'Immodest Ice Cream Cones'.

Sue reaches for her two-fisted treat

Sean licks his lips at his immodest sized cone.
 

With Mount Baker, an immodest cone-shaped stratovolcano in its own right, as a backdrop, we grab a roadside bench at Snow Goose Produce and lickity split licked up our immodest selections before it all melts away.


Sue compares her dessert to the size of Mt. Baker


 

Too late! The immodest size melts into my beard before it can all get into my mouth.


Eating ice cream with my wife, Inga and Sean.

A day that ends in a mess and yet it is a day of no regrets.

No comments: