Thursday, March 3, 2022

Little House in the Big Woods - Blessings Above

 

Finishing touches on the metal roof

There are blessing from above. One such blessing came on March 2nd.

The psychologist, Abraham Maslow, famously ranks humanity's 'hierarchy of needs' - close to the basic roots of one's needs is shelter, a roof over one's head. 

Check. I've met that basic need now.

I got a forest green metal, long-lasting, low maintenance roof that blends with the surrounding canopy of evergreen tops. It is shelter and it meets my need for aesthetics and Maslow's 'self-actualization.'

 Mick Jagger sings Gimme shelter.

 I was expecting a finished roof at the end of 2021. In the cold, Pacific Northwest rain, I sing Gimme shelter.

 


Gimme Shelter, Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones: https://youtu.be/RbmS3tQJ7Os

I wait as slow delivery of materials, labor schedules stretched thin and repeated bouts of snow and frequent rains delay my basic needs. Gimme shelter.

Forest green roof rises among the surrounding evergreens

 

A two month delay passes, shredding my initial expectation for a completed roof. But at the beginning of March, I walk into a house with a completed roof.  



I got me shelter.

It's a blessing above.


No comments: