Tuesday, February 15, 2022

A Good Old Birthday Celebration

The whole family celebrates dad's 91st birthday!

On my side of the family (all raised in California); I have a father, two sisters, a nephew and his wife and their grand niece all now living in Washington. I am officially a resident of Texas, have been for over half my life, but my time and focus recently is on Washington as I have settled in to build a homestead north of Seattle to which to retire someday. Since fate has dealt us Sunesons a full house, I play my hand and can join the rest of the family in Washington, driving 106 miles south to join in the celebration.

Dad, living well at a senior residence in Tumwater, Washington, is doing a great job at pushing the extremes of the bell curve. He turned a healthy 91 on February 10! It is worth a good old celebration.

Fortunately for all involved, he can freely leave the oft-quarantined facility where he lives and gather off-site with family for frolicking and fun. It is decided by the all in the family that we will gather a sister Sheri's new home on Saturday the 12th, about 6 miles from Dad's place. Sister Wendy scooped him up and brought him to his birthday celebration lunch on their way down from Anacortes. I volunteered to cook a salmon party dinner, with rice pilaf. Sheri made the birthday cake and a couple of sides. Now It's A Party!

Salmon dinner served to celebrate 91 good years

I am excited to get to cook real food in a real kitchen after months of microwave meals in my travel trailer on the construction site. 

We had a party, everybody came and most sang Happy Birthday to YOU! We talked, reminisced and then it was time to let them eat cake.

Happy Birthday Dad!

You are doing great - here's to many more.

Dad chats up son-in-law Tony, Barth and Wendy listen in

 


Our hosts: Sheri and Tony in their new home


Grandson Brian delivers 4 mo Ellie to Great Grandpa

Ellie and Great Grandpa Al bond as Grandma Wendy and son Brian hang on the sidelines


 

   

No comments: