Sunday, February 21, 2016

Saucer Magnolia Puts on a Show

Subtitle to all of my posting here is that these are "essays on the mundane".  So be it.  I am fortunate in that I do find enjoyment of those mundane things that pass all to quickly through my life.  My example this week is the Saucer Magnolia, or Tulip Tree that I planted in our side yard two decades ago.  If the frost has not been too severe and if it does not come too late in the season, we are bound to get a good show for a few days from our Saucer Magnolia.   I am delighted to find such a display in my side yard each year if the weather has been kind. This year we have a bounty of brilliant contrasting dual toned blossoms of gaudy pink on the shy undersides and a pure pacific creamy white on the upward showing face of her showy flowering. 

With many petals already fallen and strewn at her base as if she were the princess leading the procession of the coming spring, scattering radiant pink and white favors across the greening carpet, I took the opportunity to quickly catch a bit of what I know to be in the realm of  the mundane - because it happens every year.  But I think such fleeting moments are worthy of note:

Enjoy along with me the Show of the Saucer Magnolia -









No comments: