Saturday, October 17, 2015

Oh Honey, Do I Look Faaabulous!

Comes a time when even the minimal amounts of hairs on my head get kind of weedy and overgrown.  After I've usually let the growing go too far, I pick a morning and go to the hair shop to get things trimmed back to proper proportions.  I usually see Vicki at this particular hair-shop chain and she does an above average job, though I have never been all that finicky about my hair "style" - though maybe I should have been more particular in my thicker hirsute years when I had my chance.

None-the-less, I step through the door a bit after 9 AM; the ubiquitous Vietnamese young lady stylist is already working on her client, and I am expecting Vicki at chair #1.  I look around for Vicki for just a moment, when stepping out from behind the wall stocked with hair product was a new stylist.  She was 6 foot-3, wore a tight sweater stretched across her prominently displayed boobs, looking as if they were stacked on a shelf.  Her black & white horizontal striped knit skirt was tight and mid-thigh length.  I took in her height,  her clothing, her black and white colored hair-do and a very strong and square jaw line.  She immediately stuck out her hand, which was the size of an oven mitt and greeted me with a husky voice, saying, "Hi! I'm Sabrina, I'll be your stylist today!"  

I thought to myself; I would have guessed your name was Lola.  But no.  We'll just go along with Sabrina.

I'm not the world's most passionate man, and I'm not dumb but I don't understand 
why she looks like a woman, but talks like a man;
well girls will be boys and boys will be girls,
It's a crazy mixed up muddled up shook-up world.
  - The Kinks

Sabrina was attentive to my wishes and quite explanatory of her choices of "stylists" tools to get me the look I craved.  We talked of weather, drought, and the care of homes and the local housing market.  Sabrina told me "they had just bought a cute little pier-and-beam place in East Plano".  She went on to say that the buying a house in these times is just "crazy insane, don't you know it honey!"  But now that her house papers were all signed, Sabrina said that she was a "satisfied wife - how often do you hear that from a woman?" she asked me.  I admitted that domestic tranquility was a beautiful thing.

Sabrina then asked, "How 'bout I just trim those eyebrows chief?"  I thought to myself, this is way too close to what I think they mean by "manscaping", so I politely said I'll just leave my eyebrows as they are, thanks.  Sabrina trimmed my neck and then asked if everything looked acceptable.  I said it looked fine, but really, I was feeling so faaabulous, and I know I just looked maaavalous to boot.

Sabrina did quite a job on my head.  Maybe in more ways than one.



No comments: