Sunday, March 29, 2015

Backyard Spring

Our two Desert Tortoises, Isaac and Chomper, tucked themselves in under the secretary in the kitchen nook back in October for their winter's hibernation.  On the 10th of March, Isaac had his internal hibernation alarm clock go off, and he propelled himself into the center of the kitchen where I found him blinking his sleepy eyes when I came in to make my breakfast.  I carried him outside into the morning sunshine and plopped him down in front of a patch of bright yellow and tasty dandelions.  His brother Chomper, followed him out from under the secretary 3 days later.

It was The First Day of Spring.
I was enjoying sitting in the backyard and taking in the Texas sun before it got too dang hot and miserable - which it will sooner than later.  I saw that an American Anole had also come out to catch some rays and perhaps some bugs.  I got my camera and snapped a photo of these backyard spring day denizens.

Green Anole (Anolis carolinensis) suns himself in the backyard wisteria
The First Day of Spring

Chomper one of the Desert Tortoises
Comes out for a Dandelion Feast
on the First Day of Spring
Then old Strider with his creaky joints decided to come out and lay on the lawn with his master, so I got a photo of him as another one of the Backyard Critters on the First Day of Spring.



No comments: