Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Falling for Fall Colors

On a day when the November sky was chalk and the limestone cutbank of Spring Creek was milk, I chose to travel Holford Road, a short two lane route that connects my office to the geologic library where I sometimes have business to attend to.  On this day I delayed my bit of consulting business to stop and peer over the edge of the limestone bluff at a blazing canopy of color displayed in the Spring Creek Nature Preserve, a remnant of Blackland Prairie set aside by the city of Garland.

If you are not in too much of a hurry, why don't you join me in a little walk along the bank of Spring Creek on this crisp November day and share a marvelous thing with me? 











And then a little bit deeper into the woods --


Our cavalcade of color has come to an end, and now it is time to leaf the Blackland Prairie Preserve and return to work

No comments: