Monday, June 5, 2023

Al Fresco's Dinner Invitation

 The sun hangs low in the western sky. The early summer breeze is light. The intoxicating scent of the magnolia blossoms can faintly be detected.


I tell my sweetheart, "We just got a dinner invitation from Al Fresco, you wanna join me?"

"Al who?"

"Al Fresco. He's a fun, outdoorsy kind of guy. Com'on, it'll be fun!"

She catches on, "What should I wear?"

I wanted to tell her, "Just a smile - and you can leave your hat on," but we both knew that any of our neighbors driving down the alley could look right through our steel picket fence and see us dining al fresco au natural, and that would be inappropriate. Beside the mosquitoes would enjoy us as much as the neighbors. 

"Al Fresco says come as you are. I add, you look lovely in your purple dress."

She sets the table, I select a bottle of wine. With my shrimp alfredo cooked to perfection and served al fresco, we waltz out the back door to our patio and enjoy the company of Al Fresco and intimate little dinner party in the twilight of the Texas sunset. 

Fun al fresco dining & an empty bottle of red wine - with our clothes on


No comments: