Sunday, June 10, 2018

Backyard Bunny

Backyard Bunny

We've seen the bunny infrequently.  Over the last year-and-a-half or so, observed it hopping in the alley or munching on the neighbor's winter lawn and even in Sue's fallow garden.  Now we see this cotton tailed visitor every morning in our backyard.  I attempted a photo of the bunny and one of our tortoises together, but by the time I retrieved my camera, the composition of the shot was ruined.  It would have been a more interesting post if I had photo evidence of the fabled Aesop's "The Tortoise and the Hare"  [technically: cotton tail rabbit] fable.

The bunny watches us, but seems to be somewhat accustomed to our presence and does not immediately hop away when we circle closer to it.  Or, perhaps freezing is its instinctual means of a survival strategy, not moving until we are within striking distance.  Other than the garden parsley, not harm to having the backyard bunny grazing with the tortoise pair Isaac and Chomper in the morning.

Where there is one bunny, is there more?  I've heard it said that rabbits multiply like Roman Catholics... and then yesterday evening I see in deed there are now two backyard bunnies.   In the dusk, did I see one of them with a rosary?

No comments: