Friday, November 29, 2013

Lobster Hunting


It is my birthday.
What shall I do for my birthday?  Let's get out the B-52's album and think about it.  Yes!! That's it. Let's go rock lobster hunting for my birthday!

Cover yourself in drawn butter for camo! 
Pack a loaded credit card and off we go on our hunt for rock lobster. 

We found happy hunting grounds at Central Market.  I crept up on a pod (as a group of lobster is so called; also referred to as a "deck" or "shield") of lovely arthropods gathered in small salt water enclosure.  I signaled the fishmongeress that I was prepared to meet my dinner.  She crab-grabbed a short-handle plastic rake an teased the crustaceans, prodding them looking for a couple of fine 1-2 pounders to bag.  I extended my right lobster-selecting index finger, put it to the wall of the glass tank an told her, "I want that one and the other one over there."  She seized them by the carapace and said to me, I'll see you back here in 30 minutes.  Then we all did the rock lobster dance.

While waiting for the boiling waters to work their wonders behind the fish counter, we hopped and danced over to pick up some asparagus to go into the risotto, a round loaf of crusty bread and a bottle of bubbly.  It'll be a feast.

The Happy Lobster Hunter
Returning victoriously to the kitchen

In the family traditional
I get the "Red Plate"
because it is my birthday
 

A well-soused Rum Cake
Made by request and now I can't wait
for the next Rum Cake
It was most rummy and delicious
It was a feast.  Rock Lobster - eeeeeeeee!

No comments: