Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Wilkin Family Reunion: Day 4, A Visit with Margie and Norm

 Of concern in the midst of all the reunion activity was the well-being of my Aunt Margie, who found the thinner air at an elevation above 6,200' to be unconducive to her getting about. Her four children and the grandchildren present alternated in visiting 'Mima' in the hospital as she awaited a portable oxygen to be delivered.

Once Aunt Margie was released, she stayed in her vacation home, attended to by her family. While some of the family was out on a lake cruise, we extended family took the opportunity to pay a call on Aunt Margie and Uncle Norm.

It was joyous occasion to visit and remember some good times. Aunt Margie has given me some memorable gifts over the years; for Christmas, 1962, I got a green and white wool cap with a pompom on top, which was shipped from Morocco, where Uncle Norm was stationed with the US Navy. I also got a piece of smoky quartz that year. I still have both of those gifts from Aunt Margie when I was in kindergarten.

Grant Maher shares a piece of family lore with Uncle Norm

Sue and Aunt Margie swap tales as Grant and Norman listen in.

Norman and Natali enjoy an early afternoon on the porch with Uncle Norm and Aunt Margie



No comments: