Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Wilkin Family Reunion: Day 3, Beach Day

Wilkin Family Reunion, Day 3.

I'll confess, I am not a 'beach person'. What's the point? Pick a spot between strangers, stake out some territory with a beach towel and lay down in the hot sun. Wait a little while and get skin cancer.

Many in the family were headed for Pope Beach on the shore of Lake Tahoe. It is a fun family and a delight to get to know them more, so personal preferences be damned. This pasty white boy loaded up with sun screen [Lake Tahoe elevation 6,248'] and joined the party. It was a great day at the beach.

There were interesting people to whom I am some how kin to them. The water was cool and refreshing. I swam out into the lake. Norman brough a sea kayak, so Sue and I went for a paddle along the shore together. The water felt so good, I took a second swim into the lake. This was the best beach day.

Natalie and El Hadj launch into the waters of Lake Tahoe 
with an assist from Warren and Norman

newly engaged couple Emmy and Steph hang on the shady shore
of Pope Beach with Sue

Carl's son Andrew arrives from Sacramento,
visits with El Hadj and Saydi

Warren, Norman, Natali, Dan with partner Katie Occhipinti

Norman and Natali give a master class in synchronized kayak paddling

Carolyn comes ashore on the paddle board


 

No comments: